Monday, December 10, 2007

A recent post from whitetrashbbq.blogspot.com

BBQ Contests: Grillin' On The Bay 2008

When I first started this blog it was to discuss my life in competition
barbecue. I thought it would be about putting together a team, creating
recipes, competing, walking the stage, and finally opening my own place.
I never dreamed that I'd be organizing contests and events. But, I have.

Little did I know that my journey in barbecue would lead to Grillin' On
The Bay, NYC's original barbecue contest. Together with my brother Matt
Fisher, we've run a great event for the past two years. Planning for
next year's event is underway.

Grillin' On The Bay will be back for 2008. But it won't be the same; it
will be so much better!

We've outgrown our original location and will be moving to the beautiful
grounds of Kingsborough Community College. We've got 80 acres on which
to play surrounded by Sheepshead Bay, Jamaica Bay and the Atlantic
Ocean. This will truly be grilling ON the bay!

Grillin' On The Bay 2008 will include our traditional NEBS sanctioned
grilling contest, and we will be adding a KCBS barbecue contest as well.
There will be many other surprises, special guests and a new website.

If you'd like to volunteer to help us out with the event, please send an
email to info@grillinonthebay.org. We'd love to have you, we're grateful
for the help and you'd be helping to raise money to fight cancer.

Everything is in the planning stages right now but I promise you this,
Grillin' On The Bay 2008 will be glorious.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

do you have any possble dates yet?

WhiteTrashBBQ said...

May 23-25, 2008